Children have a more delicate and sensitive skin than adults’ skin, so their skin is often affected by external agents such as chemical laundry products, cleaning and care products. leather with many artificial scents, hot weather…
Because of these factors, the baby’s skin is prone to dermatological problems. The following article is about some common skin diseases and how to care for your baby to have a healthy skin with useful tips from experts.
1. Why should baby skin care?
The reasons below will help mothers better understand the baby’s skin, if not cared for properly, it can lead to diseases such as dermatitis, diaper rash, heat rash…
– Skin is very soft, fragile, sensitive: The sweat glands are not perfect, easy to lose the pH balance of the skin.
– Dry, dehydrated skin: Skin cells are smaller and collagen fibers are thinner. In addition, the baby’s skin has less natural moisturizing factor, less melanin
– Vulnerable skin: The body’s immune response is still poor, the skin barrier has not been completed.
– Children’s skin needs time to adapt to the new surroundings: The thickness of the baby’s skin is only 1/5 of that of an adult’s skin, the skin structure at this time is not stable, very sensitive to the weather, easy to damaged and allergic by external environmental factors.
2. Common skin problems in children.
– Heat rash: A common type of dermatitis in young children in the summer, usually in areas of the skin that excrete a lot of sweat, such as the head, face, chest, back… especially with hyperactive, active children. lots of.
– Allergies: Atopic dermatitis can cause a baby’s body to become red and itchy. Atopic dermatitis is often caused by environmental factors that damage the skin. Therefore, you need to regularly clean your house periodically with natural cleaning products.
– Diaper Dermatitis: Ingredients in diapers can cause skin irritation. This condition is made worse when wet or dirty diapers for a long time cause red spots or red spots to appear on the affected skin. It usually occurs in children aged 9 to 12 months, especially in obese children and girls. Symptoms of the disease: red hot, burning pain in diaper areas such as the lower abdomen, thighs, buttocks. This area of skin burns, red, discharges then scabs.
3. Tips on baby skin care.
– Wash and bathe the baby properly: When washing and bathing the baby, the mother should use bare hands, the nails must be neatly trimmed, when washing the soap, remember to use your hands or a towel to cover the baby’s forehead to avoid water. flow into the eye.
Baby shampoo or bath must be made specifically for children and should only be used 1 drop per bath or wash, do not try any new products on your baby’s skin or use antibacterial soaps because the products This product is too strong and can cause allergies to baby’s skin.
– Mattresses and diapers: Diapers are indispensable items for children at night or when going out. However, some diapers can cause skin irritation and rashes or infections, so it’s best to change diapers as soon as they are full. Diaper rash is often caused by wearing wet diapers for too long, too tight, or by using the wrong detergent.
– Choosing the right skin care products for children: Currently on the market there are many safe products that mothers can use for children. However, mothers still need to consult with doctors about their baby’s daily skin care routine as well as skin care procedures before changing to a new skin care product.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends the use of pH-neutral products for babies. You need to check to see if the product contains strong additives such as alcohol and fragrance, because these ingredients can dry the skin or cause irritation.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings