From the age of 30, the skin will begin to show signs of aging and the speed is getting faster and faster.
To help you prevent and slow down the aging process of your skin, diet plays a very important role. Find out in the following article.
* What is skin aging? Causes of skin aging.
- Advertisement -
Skin aging is a sign of impaired function of the skin, causing the elasticity of the skin to decrease and the connective tissues begin to weaken, collagen and elastine structures also gradually become loose. The aging process will lead to a decline in skin function, skin volume, skin density, especially collagen loss up to 1% per year in women.
* Signs of skin aging .
The aging process of the skin will begin to appear at the age of 25 onwards, at this time collagen and elastin components begin to show signs of decline and deficiency.
The age from 30-35 is considered the time of the aging process, some signs of skin aging are worth noting such as:
– Appearance of dark spots on the skin, tanned skin, age spots
– Sagging neck and chest skin
– Crow’s feet and wrinkles near the mouth
– Skin becomes rough and lacks moisture
– Wrinkled skin
With the living environment as well as an unhealthy lifestyle, now the condition of the skin is prematurely aging more and more. The age of 40 and above is an alarming time when you are aging very quickly because the signs of aging appear more deeply.
* Causes of skin aging.
Skin aging is a natural process of the body, but external factors also greatly affect the aging process of our skin. Environment and lifestyle can also cause skin to age prematurely, and factors that cause skin aging can include:
– Sunlight: The ultraviolet rays in the sun can cause damage to the skin’s epidermis, destroying the bonds of elastin fibers under the skin. In addition, UVB rays in the sun also cause an increase in the skin’s melanin pigment, making melasma become worse and more serious after a period of exposure without shielding measures. guard.
– Habits: Staying up too late or being inactive will make the body’s circulatory system and nervous system prone to disorders. Melanin pigments also form faster and begin to show signs of aging.
– Unreasonable diet: An unscientific diet, using stimulants will promote the aging process faster.
* What to eat and what not to eat to prevent aging skin.
Supplementing with essential nutrients after the age of 25, in which diet plays a very important role to help you prevent and slow down the skin aging process effectively.
* Some foods you should eat:
– Papaya: Rich in antioxidants, vitamins A, C, K and E, minerals that help improve skin elasticity, slow down skin aging. Additionally, papaya also contains an enzyme called papain, which provides additional anti-aging benefits by acting as one of nature’s best anti-inflammatory agents.
– Broccoli: Broccoli contains vitamins C and K, calcium, fiber and many antioxidants. This food is not only good for health but also helps you prevent aging, improve the elasticity of your skin.
– Watercress: Contains nutrients calcium, potassium, manganese, phosphorus and vitamins A, C, K, B1 and B2 to help increase oxygen to the skin, antioxidants have the ability to effectively prevent wrinkles.
– Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in vitamins A and C and anthocyanin antioxidants that protect the skin from sun damage.
– Tofu: Made from soy isoflavones rich in isoflavones that protect collagen, prevent collagen depletion in the body, and tighten skin.
– Salmon: Salmon is known to be a nutritious and healthy food. Eating salmon adds Omega 3 to the body, helping to prevent skin cancer cells from growing and spreading.
– Red Bell Peppers: A favorite anti-aging food for many people, red bell peppers contain many antioxidants. High in vitamin C which is great for collagen production, red bell peppers also contain powerful antioxidants called carotenoids. Carotenoids have anti-inflammatory properties and can help protect skin from sun damage, pollution, and environmental toxins.
– Orange: Succulent oranges have the ability to add moisture to the skin, provide the body with vitamin C, create collagen and help smooth skin. In addition, fruits such as avocado, pomegranate, strawberry, grape contain many nutrients that help prevent good aging.
– Oats: Oats are a very healthy food, especially for people with diabetes. In addition, oats have a natural phytochemical composition that helps prevent skin cells from being damaged and soothes skin irritation.
– Nuts: Most nuts provide a lot of vitamin E to help protect the skin, moisturize the skin and improve skin conditions encountered, especially almonds.
* To have beautiful skin, you need to pay attention not to eat or limit:
– Eating too much fast food, greasy or drinking carbonated water will make the body unable to neutralize free radicals, causing aging.
– Foods that contain a lot of salt such as salted eggplant, pickles, etc. increase the ability of the skin to lose water, dry skin and easily appear wrinkles.
Eating too much sugar will also make the collagen and elastin weak and broken, the skin becomes weak and lifeless.
– Using stimulants such as alcohol, tobacco containing chemicals and nicotine causes an increase in free radicals, promoting oxidation that affects health.
Take the initiative to prevent and slow down skin aging by adding good foods and limiting eating foods that are harmful to the skin. You can completely protect your skin better, combined with the use of appropriate skin care cosmetics to bring about the best effect, anti-aging for beautiful, healthy skin, full of vitality.