Dry lips usually occur when the lips lose their natural oils. Result: Lips are dry, cracked, painful, scaly, sometimes bleeding.
Especially in this dry weather, you need to pay more attention to taking care of your lips if you want to own soft, attractive lips.
* Causes of dry lips.
- Advertisement -
– Dry lips are mainly caused by the sun, wind, hot, cold environment: If your room is too dry, you need to add artificial humidity.
Licking your lips often: The habit of licking your lips many times a day only makes your lips worse.
– Chemicals from lipstick, from lip tattoo: If you often use lipstick, remove makeup for your lips thoroughly and exfoliate your lips once a week.
Heredity: This may be a small possibility, but it is also one of the causes of dry lips.
– Avoid factors that cause dry lips as mentioned above.
– Drink enough water, from 1.5 to 2 liters / day.
– Added synthetic vitamin E
– Apply lip moisturizer every 1 to 2 hours
– Apply a moisturizing, pain-relieving lipstick with SPF 15 sunscreen.
– Occasionally use a soft brush to gently brush the scales on the lips.
– Eat more fruits and vegetables containing carotene such as carrots, tomatoes.
* Suggest some natural remedies for dry, chapped lips.
* Prevent chapped lips with honey.
The most common way to treat chapped lips and is also considered one of the most effective is the use of honey. Honey is very effective in moisturizing and treating winter chapped lips.
You just need to take a little raw honey and gently apply it on your lips 3 times a day. Or you can also combine honey with glycerin (you can buy glycerin at Western drugstores quite easily) to form an effective lip balm against chapped lips. If using this way, you just need to apply the lip balm before going to bed and after waking up. You will immediately feel the wonderful results that honey brings to your lips right after the first use.
* Vaseline .
Vaseline is very effective in treating dry lips. Simply apply some vaseline on your dry lips several times a day to protect lips. Be careful when applying Vaseline on dry lips before going to bed to keep lips nourished during the night. You can first apply some honey on your lips and let it dry for a few seconds and then apply vaseline. Wait a few minutes and clean using a cotton pad soaked in warm water. Repeat 2 times/day.
* Exfoliate lips with sugar.
Many people have the habit of exfoliating their face and body but ignore their lips.
Just mix two teaspoons of sugar with one teaspoon of honey and you will have the perfect exfoliating cream that is safe for your lips.
* Coconut oil .
* Rose .
Soak the petals in milk for a few hours, mash, then apply to dry lips 2-3 times a day and every night before going to bed. This remedy will help in maintaining the moisture of your lips as well as in maintaining the lip color.
* Cucumber .
Gently rub a small slice of cucumber onto dry lips. Leave on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse your lips with normal water. Apply several times a day, cucumber juice will help the condition to be cured quickly.