Wearing sunglasses has two extremely important health benefits. Sunglasses filter out light and protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
There is strong evidence that UV exposure can be harmful to the eyes. Prolonged exposure to UV rays can lead to cataracts, macular degeneration or skin cancer around the eyelids.
* When outdoors, you should wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
* You should choose sunglasses/sunglasses with the following criteria:
– Reduce glare
Filter out 99-100% of UV rays
– Protect your eyes
– You feel comfortable, comfortable when wearing
– No color distortion
Note that when at the beach or on the ski slopes, you should wear sunglasses with darker lenses to better block out light. The risk of eye damage from the sun is higher due to reflections from water and snow.
Sunglasses manufacturers do not always put tags or labels on their products that clearly state how much UV blocking the product is. So look for sunglasses with specific specifications. Most of the reputable eyewear brands such as Mango lenses, Esprit lenses, Rayban glasses, etc. have UV protection.
So when buying sunglasses, read the product description carefully! Be sure to look carefully and choose products that block 99-100% of UV-B and UV-B rays.
* Do children need sunglasses?
Much needed! Children are especially at risk of UV damage, as their eyes do not have the same ability as adults to protect from UV rays.
* Here are some helpful suggestions for choosing sunglasses for children:
– Double check at the time of purchase to make sure that the glasses fit the child properly and are not damaged,
– Choose sunglasses that are appropriate for your child’s activities – lenses need to be sturdy and not easily fall off the frame under strong impact
Choose lenses that are large enough to shield your eyes from any angle.
Find a wide-brimmed hat for your child to wear along with sunglasses. This will better protect your baby from the sun. Wearing a hat will help block half of the UV rays from reaching your child’s eyes.
Just like adults, children also need sunglasses that block 99-100% of UV rays.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings