Heart failure makes patients more susceptible to dangerous conditions. Therefore, patients need to actively adjust their diet to prevent risks and protect health.
* What is myocardial ischemia?
Myocardial ischemia is a condition in which there is not enough blood flow to the heart muscle due to narrowing of the blood vessels that supply the heart muscle (called coronary arteries). Causes include high cholesterol, stress, oxidation and chronic inflammation in the blood vessels.
- Advertisement -
* Heart failure should eat what?
Adding a variety of vegetables and fruits, grains containing many vitamins and minerals help fight inflammation and inhibit oxidation, beneficial for cardiovascular patients, which are:
– Oats, brown rice, legumes, citrus fruits, apples, … contain a lot of soluble fiber that helps reduce fat absorption, lower cholesterol in the blood.
– Grains, fruits, vegetables such as cabbage, radish, carrots, cauliflower, celery, … contain insoluble fiber to help fill quickly, not gain weight.
– Berries such as pomegranates, strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes or nuts such as cashews, almonds, walnuts, etc. can be used as snacks or salads.
– Dishes should have more ginger, turmeric, garlic, pepper, lemon juice, cinnamon. They have anti-inflammatory, cholesterol-lowering effects, vasodilating and increasing blood circulation, good for the heart.
Healthy fats including monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats will help improve blood cholesterol levels. Omega 3 fatty acids are also a healthy choice.
These fats are found in plants such as olive oil, peanut oil, corn oil, soybean oil, sunflower oil, walnuts, nuts and avocados. Sea fish (salmon, herring, mackerel, sardines, anchovies) contain abundant Omega 3 to help lower cholesterol. In addition, good sources of fat are also found in freshwater fish, unsweetened fresh milk, and cheese. Limit bad fats in animal fats (pork, beef…) and in canned foods. Don’t eat a lot of fried and greasy foods.