The disease is very dangerous due to its silent expression, easy to progress, so how to prevent alcoholic hepatitis and prevent complications is very important.
* Mechanism of alcohol causes hepatitis.
Alcohol, whether heavy or light, contains alcohol (ethanol) – which is a toxin, so as soon as it is absorbed into the blood, the body will conduct an operation to eliminate ethanol. A small part is excreted through sweat, urine, breath, the remaining 90% will be metabolized in the liver.
- Advertisement -
ADH enzymes convert ethanol to acetaldehyde, which is toxic to most organ systems. From there, it can be seen that the detoxification ability of the liver depends on the amount of enzyme and antioxidant Glutathione secreted by the liver.
But the liver’s capacity is limited, it can only produce a certain amount of enzyme per hour, corresponding to a certain amount of acetaldehyde metabolized. So if you drink too much alcohol, the liver can’t produce enough enzymes to metabolize Acetaldehyde anymore. Acetaldehyde then exists in the body, causing damage to liver cells, leading to acute hepatitis. When cells in the liver are destroyed, liver enzymes are released into the bloodstream, causing elevated liver enzymes. If this condition is not handled in time, it can easily lead to chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis, and even liver cancer.
* 7 rules to remember for alcoholic hepatitis to recover quickly:
According to experts, there is currently no specific treatment for alcoholic liver disease, so it is mainly to overcome the symptoms and causes of the disease.
● Avoid alcohol or drink alcohol in moderation: the only way to prevent alcoholic hepatitis is to avoid all alcohol.
● If you are taking medication for a medical condition, check the label for a warning about drinking alcohol.
● Protect yourself from hepatitis C. If you have hepatitis C and drink alcohol, you are more likely to develop cirrhosis than a person with hepatitis C who doesn’t drink. Because there is no vaccine for hepatitis C, the only way to protect yourself is to avoid exposure to the virus.
● Increase intake of easily absorbed foods: Patients tend to eat very little and have almost no appetite. This long-term condition both causes liver cells to weaken faster and causes abnormal weight loss. Limit fat (avoid fried, fried, and fried foods). Eat a lot of fruit, ensure adequate nutrition, supplement vitamins (especially vitamin B1) and folic acid.
● Control liver enzymes regularly: High liver enzymes are liver cells that are being destroyed by a certain agent. Regular health check-ups and monitoring of liver enzymes help stabilize liver disease better.
● Lifestyle changes based on symptoms. A good exercise program can help avoid fatigue.
● Proper application of scientifically proven products for hepatitis: Patients can use a combination of products transferred from the successful research of modern science.